- Trained at RMIT for 3 years in Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy.
- Was asked to help treat athletes in the pro volleyball series and Melbourne marathon.
- Graduated in 2002.
- In 2003 asked to lecture in Myotherapy course in Anatomy at RMIT.
- Established Tecoma Myotherapy at the Tecoma Healthcare Centre in 2003.
- Member of Myotherapy Association Australia (MAA). Formerly known as the Institute of Registered Myotherapists of Australia (IRMA).
- Has been a local in the “Hills” or Dandenong Ranges (the foot hills of Melbourne) for many years.
- Completed Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy at RMIT, graduating in 2004.
- Registered member of Myotherapy Association Australia (MAA, formerly IRMA). Has served as a board member and is very enthusiastic about Myotherapy and how it can contribute to health.
- Has worked in private practice since graduating and is proud to work for Tecoma Myotherapy.
- Worked with AFL club, Western Bulldogs, Pier to Pub/Mountain to Surf event, Oxfam trailwalker, MS Megaswim and Murray to Moyne cycling event.
- Has many years of experience treating acute and chronic conditions in all areas of the body, but has a special interest in headache, postural imbalances, repetitive strain conditions and chronic pain.
- Rebecca has been a Remedial Massage therapist in Wollongong for the past 15 years. Recently Rebecca and her husband relocated with their 2 children to Melbourne.
- Rebecca has completed her Diploma in Health Science – Massage Therapy, and in June 2016 completed her Ad dip Myotherapy
- In 2003 Rebecca completed a Mother care massage course after realising the benefits she received from treatments during her own pregnancies.
- In 2009 Rebecca completed a course in Chiball – Practical Intensive Teacher Training, a method that focuses on Chinese philosophies and practices, integrating them into a healing movement.
- Rebecca spent 12 months teaching at Shellharbour TAFE in the Health department, and was also a volunteer with St John Ambulance in Wollongong.
- Michelle completed a Bachelor of Health Science (BHSc) in Clinical Myotherapy (with Distinction), the highest qualification in the Myotherapy discipline.
- Michelle has also completed Robin McKenzie’s Method of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT) for the Low Back region. This method of assessment and treatment gives patients who have ongoing and recurring low back pain, with or without sciatica symptoms (nerve pain that refers into the leg), the tools required to manage and treat their own pain no matter if they are at work, home or on holiday.
- Michelle empowers patients to take control of their pain by actively involving the patient in the treatment plan. This involves setting achievable goals for recovery, educating the patient about their pain, reducing the fear of movement, all of which increases quality of life as gets people moving again.
- Is a member of Myotherapy Association Australia (MAA, formerly IRMA).
- Outside of the clinic, Michelle enjoys road cycling, going to the gym, socialising with friends and family, and being an Aunty to her gorgeous niece.